We are back with our latest glassware kit with designer Frank Norton to celebrate Tales of the Cocktail's 20th anniversary!
Our Hotel Wormwood kit comes with the following:
- ONE Printed Glass
- Fleur de Lis Enamel Pin
- Hotel Wormwood Key Tag
- Voodoo Skeleton Matchbook
- Miniature Alligator
- One of three local NOLA cocktail recipes
- 5" x 6" x 5" Custom Print Box
Available only in-person at the 2022 Tales of the Cocktail!
Our pop-up shop will be on the second floor of the Ritz-Carlton Monday through Wednesday from 10 AM to 5 PM.
Proceeds from the sale of each Hotel Wormwood kit directly supports Turning Tables.
Reclaiming Mai Time
1.5 oz Appleton Estate 8 Year Reserve
.5 Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
.75 Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
.5 Coffee Spiced Avocado Pit Orgeat
1 Barspoon of Rich Demerara Syrup (2:1)
Garnish: Mint Bouquet
Instructions: Combine all ingredients including zested lime peel into a shaker with crushed ice, whip shake until chilled and pour into glass. Top with crushed ice and garnish with fresh mint sprig.
6-8 Avocado Pits
2 Cinnamon Sticks
3 Whole Star Anise
3 Whole Allspice
5 Whole Cloves
1/4 cup of Fine Ground “French Truck Coffee” Premium New Orleans Dark Roast Coffee
3 cups Water
6 cups White Granulated Sugar
1. Clean avocado pits of any green residue and set to dry overnight. Remove browned skin from pits and slice into quarters from easier blend.
2. Blend in Vitamix or a powerful food processor until fine consistency. Don’t be alarmed! As the pits oxidize they will turn a bright orange.
3. Spread contents evenly on a baking sheet lined with wax paper in an oven on 170 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 2 hours or until the blend is dehydrated.
4. Combine water, spices, and ground coffee with avocado pit powder in a glass vessel. Allow mixture to infuse 24-48hrs. Shake periodically throughout infusion time.
5. Strain contents through cheesecloth and then blend liquid with sugar in Vitamix or blender. Strain again through cheesecloth to remove remaining solids.
6. Based on desired flavor you can add a shot of espresso and reintroduce whole spices for a stronger flavor that can continue to develop over time. Keep refrigerated for up to a month for best use.
*Adding a small amount of vodka will extend shelf life.
Toasted Rice Old Fashioned
2 oz Wild Turkey Rye 101
.5 Toasted Rice Syrup
3 Dashes of Angostura
1 Dashes of Orange
Garnish: Orange Peel
Instructions: Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass, add ice, stir until properly diluted and garnish with orange peel.
Toasted Rice Syrup
Toast a cup of rice until browns up
Add one cup water and a teaspoon of vanilla extract
When water comes to a boil, add equal sugar to water until sugar dissolves
1.5 oz Watermelon Infused Espolon Tequila
.5 oz Basil Syrup
.25 oz Ancho Reyes
.75 oz Lime Juice
Garnish: Dehydrated Lim Wheel & Tajin Rim
Instructions: Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake until properly diluted and pour into Tajin rimmed glass. Top with ice.
Basil Syrup Recipe
2:1 Syrup (1 Cup Sugar, 1/2 Cup Water)
1 Cup Basil Leaves
Hotel Wormwood holds the key to New Orleans' mystique.
From the swampy bayou to the cobblestone streets, shrouded in an absinthe-induced haze, the Green Fairy and her army of skeletons rule the night.
Fueled by cloudy, French spirits and the pulsing beat of Jazz ringing from the bars lining the streets, the Green Fairy is always following your foot steps.
Your stay at Hotel Wormwood may not be a long time, but it'll definitely be a good time...